Sunday, June 14, 2015

Healthy Salmon Soup with your Blender

I really enjoy eating a blended salmon soup.  It's really quick and easy to make yourself a healthy soup.  Here's what to do:


Put 1/2-3/4 cup of water in a saucepan.  Cook a vegetable in the water....some choices are summer squash, zucchini, spinach, kale, collard greens, butternut squash.  Cook until greens are wilted or veggies are soft. (You'll want 3 large handfuls of greens or a whole summer squash.  You'll need less of a winter squash.  Just eyeball it.)

Meanwhile in a blender add:



between 1 tsp. and 1 T. of oil (coconut or olive)
up to 1 T. tomato paste (I open a can and freeze it like this)
seasonings to taste-salt, pepper, nutritional yeast
choose a flavor profile...italian seasoning or curry for instance
if you like it spicy add some cayenne or red pepper flake

When the greens or squash are cooked add them to the blender and pulse for slightly chunky consistency.  (I use a towel to cover the blender to protect myself from hot liquids.)

Pour into soup bowl and add a packet of salmon (I get mine at Walmart by the tuna-fish.)

Optionally you can add about 1/2 cup of quinoa or brown rice.

Enjoy!

(If you don't like to use the packet salmon you can cook a thawed salmon fillet with your vegetables.  I find they are sometimes fishy, so I prefer the packets.)

My favorite version

Summer squash, 1 T. EVOO, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, oregano, packet of salmon and 1/2 cup quinoa.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...