Friday, December 20, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal with Fried Apples

In my recent post, 30+ Whole Food Breakfasts for Weight Watchers I linked to this Baked Pumpkin Banana oatmeal. One morning recently, I really wanted baked oatmeal but didn't have time so I came up with this quick breakfast which is only 4 Points Plus for Weight Watchers.

Note: In the recipe builder this comes up as 4 points without the apple and pumpkin and 6 with them.  I count this as 4.

 photo PumpkinPieOatmealwithFriedApples_zps275da632.jpg


Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal with Fried Apples

1/3 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup water

1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
dash of salt
2 T. pumpkin
1/4 tsp. molasses

Topping:
1 apple (I like Granny Smith)
1 tsp. grassfed butter or coconut oil
1 T. xylitol (or your favorite sweetener)
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

optional: homemade cranberry sauce

Cook your oatmeal with your favorite method. (I used my microwave.)  Add the spices, pumpkin and molasses. Stir to combine.  In the meantime, peel apple if desired, then cut into chunks.  Fry in skillet in butter (or oil) until almost done (I did mine for 2-3 minutes but cook them until they are as soft as desired) add xylitol and pumpkin pie spice, stirring constantly.   Serve apples over the oatmeal.  This is fantastic with a scoop of homemade cranberry sauce in the middle.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...