Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Circle Time

There was a time in our homeschool when we had a daily "table time".  We'd pray together, take turns reading the Bible and various other activities.  When I heard about Kendra Fletcher's (of Preschoolers and Peace) e-book Circle Time, I knew I wanted to read it and start planning something like this for the fall.

This is a 33 page pdf e-book which can easily be read on your computer (or send it to an e-reader like I did).

Circle Time Book Logo photo CircleTimeLogo_zps63dd95c9.jpg
With a name like Circle Time from the author of a blog called Preschoolers and Peace this might seem like it is geared toward families with young children. Not so!  This is for any family that wants to spend purposeful time learning together.

This e-book is not cluttered with fluff.  It gets right to the point so you can read it and begin implementing Circle Time in your family right away.


This is what is included:
  • Planning a Circle Time That Works for You
  • Strategies for a Peaceful Time Together
  • How to Get Your Kids on Board
  • Questions From Moms Like You
  • Words of Wisdom From Other Moms Who Do Circle Time
  • Resources, Activities, and Ideas
  • Printable Planner Sheets
Circle Time is just $4.99. She also has a wonderful page of resources to use in your circle time that can be purchased from outside sources.

I am so excited about using these ideas in our homeschool this year.  I have ordered some of the things she had suggested that I'd never heard of and I've made lists of things we already have here that we can use for our circle time.  From flashcards to read alouds, Bible stories, music and geography...so much we can do together that I hadn't been able to figure out how to fit in.

I recommend you check it out!

I didn't write this review for the Schoolhouse Review Crew, but they also reviewed it and you can read more reviews on the blog.

Website logo photo circletimelogo2_zps58ab71e5.jpg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...